Southbridge Fellowship is a church committed to encouraging members to dream big, to have vision for those around us. We are inspired to live out the mission of Christ to our community and each other, as church leaders seek to equip us with the strategy and opportunity to live out our faith and to connect others to Jesus for life change.
The vision behind SOUTHBRIDGE SERVES is to offer opportunities to overwhelm our community and city with the love of Jesus Christ through service, evangelism, fellowship, and prayer.
Last November, 140 adults and 60 children from Southbridge Fellowship came together to demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ through over 500 hours of service to our community during our first Southbridge Serves 2010. Hear from a few of those that served:
- Great participation from all team members. Not only in the meal preparation (as a group) but also connecting with the firemen during breakfast. A lot of spontaneous conversations sparked during that time.
- The ladies at the Meadows made me feel that I had been Jesus to them.
- Two comments [from those served] ‘I dont know how to thank you,’ We needed this uplift, we really needed this.”
- This was a very pleasant experience to meet people from SBF we did not know and get to spend some time getting to know them while serving others.
- We loved this. It was hugely impactful to our entire family and has given us other thoughts of little things we can do together to serve our community. Thank you for doing so much and making this such a sweet time for our church!!
- I just felt a sense of being in the middle of God’s will for my life. So rewarding!
- Any time you have multiple Christian people working toward the same goal, amazing things happen!
- Our Community Group really pulled together to feed the firemen. The experience brought us closer I think.
We invite you to participate this year in SOUTHBRIDGE SERVES 2011- JUNE 17-18TH!
We are excited to offer new service opportunities with our Strategic Partners like Hope Reins of Raleigh and Raleigh Rescue Mission, and look forward to feeding the Firemen again, and leading crafts at the Meadows. We have more family friendly options, outdoor/manual labor options, neat Prayer resources, evangelism focused service, and more. Please see a full list at southbridgeserves.com.
* Friday, June 17th- 7:00-8:30pm -PREPARE TO SERVE
Doors open at the Hampton Inn Brier Creek at 6:30pm. Light appetizers provided. No childcare provided.
We are pleased to announce- our guest speaker- Dr. Reggie McNeal, Missional Leadership Specialist for the Leadership Network of Dallas. Dr. McNeal has a passion for helping individuals and churches live ‘missionally.’ He says “to think and live missionally means seeing all of life as a way to be engaged in the mission of God in the world.”
MUST RSVP- visit southbridgeserves.com to sign-up for Friday. Please plan to attend even if you are not able to serve on Saturday!
* Saturday, June 18th- DAY OF SERVICE
We have a selection of predetermined service opportunities available between 7:00am-7:00pm.
Go to http://southbridgeserves.com/serve for a full list of service projects and register to serve as an individual, family, or community group!
We are trusting God to move in a mighty way through this focused weekend of prayer and service and we challenge you to prayerfully consider how you can be involved.
If you have questions you can reach the Outreach Team at 919-841-3802 or via email at [email protected]
Meghann Ackerman on behalf of the Outreach & Communications Team