Yesterday, at Southbridge a friend of mine: Peter Rochelle spoke on being filled with the Spirit from Ephesians 5:18-21. He pointed out that spirit filled people are thankful people (Ephesians 5:20). So am I thankful? I certainly desire to be spirit filled, and as I was talking to God I started to think about things I am thankful for and classified them in lists of ten. Ten things I am thankful for concerning God’s character and activity in my life:
1. My salvation. That while I am still a sinful person Jesus died for me.
2. Daily forgiveness. That I can experience true cleansing even after salvation.
3. Grace. Common grace that we all experience and special grace for those who know Jesus.
4. Wrath. The fact that God is righteous and just makes His grace and forgiveness even more meaningful.
5. Love. Without His demonstration of love, we would have a twisted and distorted view of true love.
6. Giving. I am incredibly grateful that God is a giver and not a taker. He loved us so much He gave His only Son (John 3:16).
7. Freedom. That there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ (Rom 8:1; John 3:17).
8. Relationship. That God desires a relationship with us (John 17:3).
9. That eternal life starts now, not later in heaven (again John 17:3).
10. Wisdom. That I can trust God has infinite wisdom when I cannot understand.