These are a couple of things I took away from the fearless fathers forum:
A couple take aways:
1. When we confess our sin that is it. We are forgiven. Stop doing it and move on!
2. Men need some real relationships not just more guys to hang out with. That means other men who will look them in the eye and ask them tough questions.
3. I don’t think most men have ever had a spiritual mentor.
4. We are to talk with our children about what it means to love God with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength when we sit at home, when we walk along the road, when we lie down and when we get up.
What does that look like? It looks like not only wanting what is best for them, but doing something about it. Something like spending time with them (quantity time). It means having the difficult talks with them about bad decision making leading to bad results. It means disciplining them when they disobey. It means holding them and loving them and learning to communicate with them. It means telling them the truth about your own relationship with Jesus Christ.
5. Jason Tovey our Shepherding Pastor wrapped up and reminded us God wants what is best for our children even more than we do.